في عامها الثلاثين، تزفّ جامعة الجنان دفعتها السابعة والعشرين من طلابها من جميع الكليات والمراحل....
شاركت جامعة الجنان في النشاط السنوي الذي تنظمه جمعية ضوء في محافظة عكّار وذلك بهدف الإرشاد والتوجيه الجامعي لطلاب مرحلة التخرج...
نظم طلاب كلية العلوم في جامعة الجنان نشاطا في جناح الجامعة ضمن فعاليات معرض الكتاب 43 الذي تنظمه الرابطة...
في إطار تعزيز العملية التعليمية في كلية العلوم في جامعة الجنان عبر الأنشطة اللاصفية، قام عدد من طلاب الكلية برحلة ...
Established in 2012, the Faculty of Sciences is the newest faculty at Jinan University. The Faculty currently offers undergraduate education in the Tripoli Campus in the fields of Biology, Biochemistry, and Computer Science. It provides a distinctive and inspiring educational experience with the contribution of eminent academics and researchers, the adaptation of curricula on par with leading international institutes, and the availability of state-of-the-art laboratories.
Besides classroom education and laboratory practice, students at the Faculty of Sciences are involved in the organization of seminars, panels, and conferences aimed at professional or public audience. Students have also contributed to various workshops and national competitions and campaigns.
The Faculty of Sciences aims to enrich the educational process regionally and internationally. This is achieved through mobility programs, such as the Mevlana Exchange Program, which provides short-term mobility for students and academic staff between Jinan University and leading Turkish higher education institutions. The Faculty also aims to prepare scientific specialists with the highest skills who meet all expectations and the needs of the labor markets. In addition to that, it aims to prepare students and enhance their competitive skills to be able to pursue their higher studies.
Dr. Ghazi Tadmouri
Dean In-Charge, Faculty of Sciences
1. Biology: The bachelor program in Biology acquires a distinctive place because of its association with many sciences, such as agriculture, environmental sciences, genetics, genomics, and biotechnology. This program aims to prepare scientific cadres who are knowledgeable in the facts and theories of the life sciences, the logical and statistical procedures that are used in the formulation and testing of biological hypotheses, the necessary technical skills to conduct contemporary biological research, and the professional communicative skills to disseminate knowledge and science. Graduates will acquire special competitive abilities on various levels of education, health care, and industrial biotechnology.
2. Chemistry and Biochemistry: The bachelor programs in Chemistry and Biochemistry prepare students to pursue their higher education and also prepare them for careers in industry or specialized institutes. Both programs help students to acquire the basic concepts of analytical, physical, organic, and inorganic chemistry in addition to good practical training and high-quality research. Graduates' skills will be developed in using the scientific instruments and students will be able to analyze data in a scientific manner. Students will also understand the physical and chemical behaviors of biological phenomena and will be able to develop their logic and scientific assessment.
3. Computer Science: The program of Computer Science trains students on data and networking management, design management, site analysis, software, Web development, and network engineering. In this dynamically changing world of computing and information technology, computer science graduates compete more to attain a career in the growing sectors in Lebanon and the region; technology companies, IT/ICT institutes, and various companies of consulting, banking, financial and service.
4. Mathematics and Statistics: Jinan graduates of Mathematics or Statistics programs will acquire logical thinking skills and case analysis. They can also develop complex problem-solving skills. Graduates of these programs are eligible to compete in many specialized areas such as designing, accounts and service management, banking and finance, statistics, and education.
5. Physics: This program provides students with advanced skills, particularly in the areas of scientific problem solving, data processing, logical and effective thinking, effective communication, and computer applications. Graduates of this program can compete in the fields of engineering, computer science, systems analysis, and software development. Unlike other disciplines, Physics graduates have the potential to change their careers in response to the evolution of new emerging areas.
Members of the Faculty of Sciences are actively engaged in research. Some of the research projects are conducted in collaboration with local, regional, and international science groups; these include: