برعاية رئيس مجلس أمناء جامعة الجنان الدكتور "سالم فتحي يكن"، احتفلت جامعة الجنان بتخريج الدفعة 30 من طلابها،...
شاركت الدكتورة "غالية نصر الدين" من كلية العلوم في جامعة الجنان في مؤتمر:"13th International Conference on Social Sciences" المنظم من قبل...
إيماناً بأهمية دور العمل التطبيقي في تطوير المهارات العلميّة وترسيخ الخُبرات العملية للطلاب، التقت عميدة كلية...
شاركت جامعة الجنان ممثّلة بعميدة كلية العلوم الدكتورة "عزة ديب" والدكتورة "رشا القرق" بأبحاثهما المرتبطة بالعلاقة ...
Letter from the Dean to incoming students,
Dear future scientist, it is with great pleasure that I welcome you to Jinan University and to the faculty of Sciences.
A high quality education and specialized scientific training in various areas of modern science is what our faculty will offer you. Whichever pathway in Science you choose; we will give you the right tools to put you on the road to success.
At Jinan University, you will be part of a dynamic and diverse student body that defies all limitations of unfortunate circumstance. Throughout your journey as part of the faculty of Sciences, you and your colleagues will be exposed to a multitude of academic and social experiences that will shape you into a selection of innovative men and women of Science.
The Faculty of Sciences at Jinan University takes pride in the strong emphasis it puts on establishing short roads between its professors and their students. The faculty also dedicates sincere effort to building bridges among its students and alumni. Within these strong lines of communication, the family of Sciences thrives in a tight-knit and comfortable atmosphere that cannot be matched elsewhere.
Our highly dedicated academic staff constitutes the foundation on which the faculty of Sciences continues to flourish and grow. Impeccable levels of expertise and unwavering enthusiasm have managed to eliver the faculty to new heights of academic excellence.
We are strongly committed to teaching our students to be leaders and trendsetters in a world characterized by a continuous outflow of technologies and new scientific discoveries.
Our alumni, currently scattered throughout the globe, are competently engaging in a variety of academic and industrial endeavors. Caring, committed and focused on making a difference, our students are helping to forge new paths that serve Science and humanity as a whole.
We encourage you to learn more about our faculty and we would be glad to receive your inquiries, as the story of the faculty of Sciences is one that we love to share.
With Warm Regards,
Dr. Azza Dib
Dean, Faculty of Sciences
The Faculty of Sciences aims to enrich the educational process regionally and internationally. This is achieved through mobility programs, such as the Mevlana Exchange Program, which provides short-term mobility for students and academic staff between Jinan University and leading Turkish higher education institutions. The Faculty also aims to prepare scientific specialists with the highest skills who meet all expectations and the needs of the labor markets. In addition to that, it aims to prepare students and enhance their competitive skills to be able to pursue their higher studies.
1. Biology: The bachelor program in Biology acquires a distinctive place because of its association with many sciences, such as agriculture, environmental sciences, genetics, genomics, and biotechnology. This program aims to prepare scientific cadres who are knowledgeable in the facts and theories of the life sciences, the logical and statistical procedures that are used in the formulation and testing of biological hypotheses, the necessary technical skills to conduct contemporary biological research, and the professional communicative skills to disseminate knowledge and science. Graduates will acquire special competitive abilities on various levels of education, health care, and industrial biotechnology.
2. Chemistry and Biochemistry: The bachelor programs in Chemistry and Biochemistry prepare students to pursue their higher education and also prepare them for careers in industry or specialized institutes. Both programs help students to acquire the basic concepts of analytical, physical, organic, and inorganic chemistry in addition to good practical training and high-quality research. Graduates' skills will be developed in using the scientific instruments and students will be able to analyze data in a scientific manner. Students will also understand the physical and chemical behaviors of biological phenomena and will be able to develop their logic and scientific assessment.
3. Computer Science: The program of Computer Science trains students on data and networking management, design management, site analysis, software, Web development, and network engineering. In this dynamically changing world of computing and information technology, computer science graduates compete more to attain a career in the growing sectors in Lebanon and the region; technology companies, IT/ICT institutes, and various companies of consulting, banking, financial and service.
4. Mathematics and Statistics: Jinan graduates of Mathematics or Statistics programs will acquire logical thinking skills and case analysis. They can also develop complex problem-solving skills. Graduates of these programs are eligible to compete in many specialized areas such as designing, accounts and service management, banking and finance, statistics, and education.
5. Physics: This program provides students with advanced skills, particularly in the areas of scientific problem solving, data processing, logical and effective thinking, effective communication, and computer applications. Graduates of this program can compete in the fields of engineering, computer science, systems analysis, and software development. Unlike other disciplines, Physics graduates have the potential to change their careers in response to the evolution of new emerging areas.
Members of the Faculty of Sciences are actively engaged in research. Some of the research projects are conducted in collaboration with local, regional, and international science groups; these include: